New Years Goals for Small Business
By Amy Hancock
What’s the number on New Year’s Resolution for small business? Attracting new customers! That’s pretty obvious, but you don’t have to ‘sell the farm’ on marketing endeavors to achieve your goals for 2014. Here are some simple things you can do to attract new customers in the New Year.
Go mobile. Consumers are searching for products and services from their mobile devices, now more than ever, and we can be sure that the percentage of mobile searches will only increase in 2014. Do you have a mobile site? Could you sell more products and services online?
Add one new social media. If you aren’t already using social media to market your business you need to start this year! If you are, consider adding one new stream to your efforts. Create a Google+ community, a Pinterest or Instagram account to add to your digital marketing efforts.
Update your website. Leaving a website sitting there with no updates or changes is the same as building a retail store and never updating your products or displays. There’s no point to driving traffic from Facebook or Google Adwords to your website if it’s old and out-dated. You’ll lose those online leads very quickly.
Get ready for tax time – right now. Don’t put it off until the week before your business tax return is due! Start gathering the things you need now. Start organizing your books, search for pieces you’ll need for your return, better yet ... hire an accountant.
Do a little house keeping. Are your policy manuals up to date? Is the contact information on your website current? Is your insurance coverage updated as your business has changed over the last year? Going over some small business house keeping items will keep you organized and productive.
- Out with the Old In with the New
- Make the most of your Winter Escape
- Benefits of Storage for Small Business
- First Aid Requirements for Business Owners
- Simple Summer Marketing Ideas
- Business Coaching
- A Vacation on Wheels
- Promotional Products: Tips from the Pro's!
- Time For a New Roof
- Invest in computer Training
Coffee News in the Community -- Giving Back
- Coffee News - 25 Year's of Community Support
- Coffee News Canada on Global TV
- Supporting Persons with Developmental Disabilities
- Tips for Recruiting Seasonal Employees
- Coffee News President Radio Interview
- Quick & Easy Ideas for Christmas Marketing
- Coffee News Bucks Contest Rules
- Coffee News - In the News
- Nearly $50, 000 Dollars Raised!
- Coffee News Proud to sponsor the Kidney Foundation
Tips for Business Owners
- Why Print Beats Digital - And What it Means for Your Business
- Balancing Business & Family
- Transforming the Workplace
- How to Use LinkedIn to Grow your Small Business
- The 7 Most Deadly Sins of Print Advertising
- Obtaining & Retaining Quality Employees
- When Winter Won't end
- New Years Goals for Small Business
- Small Businesses Prepare for Christmas Marketing
- Engaging Web Visitors to Generate Sales Leads