When Winter Won't end
By Amy Hancock
March might be the most difficult month to ‘get through’ for many Canadians. Winter has been raging on for months and with wind chills continuing to blast temperatures below the -20 level it feels like there is no end in sight.
Small business owners can make the most of this dreary season by bringing a little early-spring cheer to the workplace and sharing it with their customers. Here are some tips to defeat the never-ending-winter blues that might be good for business too:
Send flowers to your customers. Flowers remind us of spring. They spruce up any space and when given as a gift they make us feel special. Send your top clients a spring bouquet ‘just because’ thanking them for your business. Buy an extra bouquet and put it in your office. It will make you feel better too.
Have a party and offer specials. Plan, decorate and celebrate! Hold a St. Patrick’s Day event for your customers. Offer specials on your products and services, decorate your place of business, and offer free refreshments. You could also have a First Day of Spring event on March 20th. Promote it on social media, an email marketing campaign and on your website using refreshing spring images.
Tidy up your workspace and open the blinds. An organized workspace increases productivity. De-cluttering can also de-stress and you’ll be ready for spring (should it finally arrive). If it’s a sunny day open the blinds or curtains and let the natural sunlight flood in!
Do you have any ideas for beating the winter blues that could also be good for business? Share them with us on our Facebook Page.
- Out with the Old In with the New
- Make the most of your Winter Escape
- Benefits of Storage for Small Business
- First Aid Requirements for Business Owners
- Simple Summer Marketing Ideas
- Business Coaching
- A Vacation on Wheels
- Promotional Products: Tips from the Pro's!
- Time For a New Roof
- Invest in computer Training
Coffee News in the Community -- Giving Back
- Coffee News - 25 Year's of Community Support
- Coffee News Canada on Global TV
- Supporting Persons with Developmental Disabilities
- Tips for Recruiting Seasonal Employees
- Coffee News President Radio Interview
- Quick & Easy Ideas for Christmas Marketing
- Coffee News Bucks Contest Rules
- Coffee News - In the News
- Nearly $50, 000 Dollars Raised!
- Coffee News Proud to sponsor the Kidney Foundation
Tips for Business Owners
- Why Print Beats Digital - And What it Means for Your Business
- Balancing Business & Family
- Transforming the Workplace
- How to Use LinkedIn to Grow your Small Business
- The 7 Most Deadly Sins of Print Advertising
- Obtaining & Retaining Quality Employees
- When Winter Won't end
- New Years Goals for Small Business
- Small Businesses Prepare for Christmas Marketing
- Engaging Web Visitors to Generate Sales Leads